- Berns G: What It's Like to Be a Dog. And Other Adventures in Animal Neuroscience. Basic Books, Sept. 2017.
- Berns G: How Dogs Love Us. A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain. Amazon New Harvest, 2013.
- Berns G: Iconoclast. A Neuroscientist Reveals How to Think Differently. Harvard Business School Press, 2008.
- Berns G: Satisfaction. The Science of Finding True Fulfillment. Henry Holt & Co., 2005.
- Berns G: Dogs are people,too. New York Times, Oct. 7, 2013. Link.
- Berns G: Five signs your dog loves you. Wall Street Journal, Dec. 4, 2013. Link.
- Berns G: Loving a hard to love dog. The Dodo, Jan. 12, 2014. Link.
- Berns GS and Sejnowski TJ: How the basal ganglia make decisions. The Neurobiology of Decision-Making. A Damasio, H Damasio, Y Christen eds, Springer-Verlag, 1996, pp. 101-113.
- Berns GS: Cognitive neuroscience. Encyclopedia of Psychology and Neuroscience, WE Craighead and CB Nemeroff eds. John Wiley & Sons, 2000, pp. 314-315.
- Montague PR, Eagleman DM, McClure SM, Berns GS: Reinforcement learning. Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science. L Nadel ed. Macmillan Reference, 2003.
- Pagnoni, G and Berns GS: Brain imaging in psychopharmacology. Textbook of Psychopharmacology, Third Edition. AF Schatzberg and CB Nemeroff eds. American Psychiatric Publishing, 2004, pp. 163-172.
- Berns GS and Nemeroff CB: Book Review of "The Neuropsychiatry of Limbic and Subcortical Disorders." J Psych Neurosci 24:251-252, 1999.